2005/08/19

R&R

I hope that's short for rest and relaxation, because that's what lies ahead of me now. For an antire week. Last wednesday we marched out to a small group of buildings (where urban combat is practised I presume) where our beloved beret-test took place. We marched and we worked and we ate a little and worked even more and got a little more food and then one or maybe two hours of sleep before we were dragged up again to march/run through the night, finding our way with a compass and a map. That's not easy in the dark with only a flashlight. The estimated length of the whole test was approx. 32 km. However, with all our mistakes and moment of disorientation we probably landed at 40-45 km. With combat gear and a heavy backpack, yes. Arriving finally at the goal at 0700, we were quite tired. Fortunately this kind of task, short but intense, is much faster to recover from than long exhausting ones.

I'm planning to see Land of the Dead soon, but first I have to watch Dawn and Day of the Dead... I've only seen the 2004 version... not good (though the movie was).

Mike, my cellphone is miserably fucked up. Call me on my home numer or send me a mail or something, we do need to meet before I disappear again.

And finally, Lars, your new site is supposed to go up in 10 minutes. I'll be watching!

Edit: Ok, make that 1 hour and 10 minutes...

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Yeay. Omnämnd!
Det tog visst nästan två timmar extra, men vad gör det när jag redan var så mycket efter? Är typ kass på att uppskatta hur länge olika saker tar att genomföra.